OLDMAN SALTBUSH ESTABLISHMENT COSTINGS
Following is the cost of establishing an example “one hectare” block of Oldman Saltbush, with an assumed population of 2,000 plants per hectare - with the landholder doing preparation work. Oldman Saltbush transplanting has assumed hire of transplanting machinery from GMS and the employment of two extra workers.
Seedling Price - (GST Exclusive)
- $230 per 1,000 seedlings - delivered & with full agronomic support.
- This is our commercial rate for saltbush plantings greater than 30 hectares.
- $280 per 1,000 seedlings is our small area rate
- A Trial Pack of 100 plants is available for $88. (The trial pack price includes packing, postage and GST. )
Typical Establishment Cost for 500mm Rainfall Zone - per Hectare
- Fallowing & cultivation 70 AUD
- Seedlings 460 AUD
- Equip Hire 35 AUD
- Labour extra 30 AUD
- TOTAL 595 AUD per hectare
Your Seedling Price - includes much more than just a saltbush seedlings
We only supply strong, quality grown seedlings produced from using the very best nursery practices. In our nursery, we use a special cell growing technique that produces the straightest & strongest possible stems & roots. This is most critical for successful field establishment and importantly the on-going grazing performance of the plant. For extra strength our seedlings are grown over a 6 - 8 month period in the nursery. They are also pruned to create the most optimum root to shoot ratio and to produce many bud & leaf points.
- Full on property agronomic support is included to ensure successful seedling establishment.
- Continued on-property inspections for 4 to 5 years - you know you are always getting the best advice.
- Seedlings graded & packed in waxed boxes - ready for the quickest & easiest field transplanting operation.
- Free delivery of seedlings - (for commercial quantities only).
- Transplanting supervision on property (commercial quantities) to ensure transplanting is done properly.
- Continued on farm grazing management support and advice.